Saturday, December 18, 2010

SSWAHS has its ally - or some might suggest: "With friends like this who needs enemies"

Socrates has had a short break but now it's back to business. There was one interesting interlude which arrived as a form of comment from a fellow blogger who thought that the information in this blog was "A very sad case". The following is their opening gambit:

"I have been a client of the local mental health service on and off since 1994.

"About two years ago, there was a front page article in a local newspaper that was highly critical of the local mental health service. I stated on this blog that I was one of the people that spoke about my problems with the local mental health service to the journalist who wrote the article."


Below is what the same person stated about the local mental health service on the 23 October 2008 about the time that the blogger refers to in the comment above.

"Another day when I had every opportunity to drink but I didn't. I have the house to myself. I have money and I am feeling a bit stressed with this article coming out in the paper. BTW: the journalist wanted my full name to go into the article. This would not have worried me but some of my family did not want this, which is fair enough. I feel stressed wondering who is talking to this journalist and what they are saying.

Also, I feel stressed worrying that (while I feel nothing about most of the useless clowns that work there) there are three people who work there that are OK and have treated me all right.

Since 1994, there have been a lot of times when either no-one who worked there or maybe only one staff member had any time for me .......... but now, when the article is written there are three working there that are OK. The journo has promised that she will not "hang me out to dry" and she will show me the last draft before the thing is in print.

To repeat myself, I hope the article causes maximum discomfort and embarrassment to most of the people there who have in various ways treated me like shit but I feel bad about helping with this article when three people that work there have treated me OK.


If I was a nicer or better person I would think more of Harry, Alan and Gillian and I would have said "no" to any involvement but as it turns out I could not resist the chance for a bit of pay-back against the majority of BMH (Bowral Mental Health), who I think really deserve it: AND as it turns out, I am not the only one they have done the wrong thing by."


"What happened quite a few times since 1994, was that a local shrink could schedule me to a place like CRC for 4 weeks, but they could discharge me after a week and then I'd come back to this area, still mentally unwell and usually receive zero follow up, support or supervision from the &%$#@S that have worked in the local mental health team.

They are obviously not to blame for everything but on a number of occasions they were a factor in me running around this area (longer than I had to be) off my head, getting into legal trouble and putting some members of my family through hell.

"I hope I can get to November 29 without drinking again; that will mean one year, 365 days, with only three days drinking A 99+% success rate. 2008 will be the most sober year since I was 16. I also will have achieved this without being in jail or rehab ....... and I also did it without "swapping the witch for the bitch" ie: I have not used or abused valium, xanax, pot or any other drug this year."


Socrates simply makes the point that a person affected by a chronic substance abuse may not have the best attitude about the persons who provide health and support to those so affected. The comments from the blogger posting the quoted text from 23 October 2008 would suggest that they have had little interest in taking responsibility for their actions, preferring instead to lay the blame upon the clinical staff that they were so anxious that their action "causes maximum discomfort and embarrassment to most of the people there who have in various ways treated me like shit but I feel bad about helping with this article when three people that work there have treated me OK.

"If I was a nicer or better person I would think more of Harry, Alan and Gillian and I would have said "no" to any involvement but as it turns out I could not resist the chance for a bit of pay-back against the majority of BMH (Bowral Mental Health), who I think really deserve it."


Now, Socrates does think that this is more than a bit sad!